- Scan Question
- + Post
- Get Coins
What does it mean to be an effective health educator? Write a description of three attributes that you believe effective health educators should possess and explain why. Then explain how you would incorporate these attributes to become an effective provider of health education and why. Be specific and provide examples.
Effective health educator :
The professional health care person who will provide comprehensive health education regarding physical, mental, social, spiritual, emotional, intellectual, environmental, and reproductive and sexual health education, and these all should be understrad well by the clients and family members, and society and community members, and they may have to follow all the educated points by health educator.
* the all points what are educated those are completely useful to the persons or peoples.
Three attributes for effective health educator :
* good communication skills
* good interpersonal relationships or therapeutic relationships.
* problem solving and analytical skills.
* inspiration skills.
1. Good communication skills are necessary to educate the clients or peoples or students.
* like verbal and non verbal communication skills.
* with out this communication skills they can't transfer information from one person to others.
* according to the situation they can communicate with people through higherarchy level.
2. Good therapeutic relationships or interpersonal relationships : these are also necessary as a good or effective health educator.
* unnecessary personal relationships should be avoided.
* if personal relationships may includes, problems may arrises.
Ex: should not take any phone numbers, and gifts from clients or students.
3. Good problem solving skills and analytical skills : the educator must have knowledge regarding understanding of all problems which will arrises in clinical settings , with the clients and students, and she must have analysis the problem and formulate solutions for that problem and she have knowledge to solve the problem.
4. Inspiring skills :
* the effective health educator must have inspiration model.
* first she should follow what she has educating.
* use good positive points.
As effective health educator above the all attributes must have to be in effective educator.
For example : health education on tuberculosis to the clients
* above all attributes incorporate in to this education means
* good communication skills like the educator must communicate with clients regarding avoiding of tobacco smoking,alcoholism,and avoiding exposure to secondary smoking,.
* and explain according to depending upon clients interest.
* unnecessary do not forse clients.
* she can use informal and formal communication.
Good interpersonal and therapeutic relationships : the educator should not move closely to the clients.
* she may have risk to get it.
* use personal protective equipments like gloves, gown, mask etc.
* but have to provide comprehensive care to clients.
Problem solving and analytical skills : she must have to understand the clients problems like cough, breathing difficulty, fever, etc.
* she may analysis the problems and plan treatment and care.
* she must have to provide symptomatic care.
Inspiring skills : the educator should provide health education to the clients evidenced based, she can expans problems and side effects of smoking so that it should be like inspirational model to clients.
What does it mean to be an effective health educator? Write a description of three attributes...
As the health and fitness director of a large corporate wellness program, you have been asked to provide data to your supervisor that supports the effectiveness of your program. The trend in the company has been to cut programs that do not “carry their weight.” The “bottom line” is important. In your review of the data related to your program, it is obvious that the data are not strong. However, in fairness to you, the program has been in operation...
Examine philosophy statements for health education and review concepts related to the philosophical foundations of health education. • Evaluate philosophies of health education and promotion • Analyze steps for development of expertise and competencies as a health educator • Evaluate individual strengths related to health education and promotion • Identify concepts related to philosophical foundations of health education Reflect on the philosophies for health education/promotion and consider which philosophy may help inform your philosophy statement for health education. , Explain...
Question 1 Visit the website of the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. What are the requirements to take the credentialing exam? What is the current cost and schedule for the exam? Would you take the exam to obtain the Certified Health Education Specialist credential? Why or why not? Speak with a CHES. Determine his or her perceptions on the benefits of the certification. Determine the costs, including time and money, to maintain the credential. Examine the Responsibilities and...
What is a philosophy and how does it relate to the practice of health education? How does Cognitive-based Philosophy (one of the five identified philosophies for health education and promotion} align to your philosophy statement? and why? What is my philosophy statement? What is my own personal orientation, foundational approach to health education practice? What are the strategies and approaches that you will employ to address an individual's or community's health issues based on the orientation you adopt for your...
How would you define health education and why? Briefly describe what population and health issue you would address if you were assigned to design and implement a prevention program. Be sure to include what level of prevention (primary, secondary, or tertiary) you would select for this program and explain how this level of prevention will address the health issue described. Be specific and provide examples
Give a description of what you believe to be the consequences of a healthcare organization not involving nurses in each stage of the SDLC when purchasing and implementing a new health information technology system. Provide specific examples of potential issues at each stage of the SDLC and explain how the inclusion of nurses may help address these issues. Then, explain whether you had any input in the selection and planning of new health information technology systems in your nursing practice...
What does access to care mean and identify the implications of access for health and health care delivery? Provide specific examples.
Given all of the information that you have learned about health care education, this assignment challenges you to convey that information to other health care professionals so that they may serve as educators as well. Your challenge is to design a guide for your fellow colleagues that demonstrates your knowledge of the teaching strategies and methodologies utilized in health care education. Choose a specific population as your focus, and design to outreach to that population. Contents of the workbook should...
Post a description of what you believe to be the consequences of a healthcare organization not involving nurses in each stage of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) when purchasing and implementing a new health information technology system. Provide specific examples of potential issues at each stage of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and explain how the inclusion of nurses may help address these issues. Then, explain whether you had any input in the selection and planning of new...
Give a description of what you believe to be the consequences of a healthcare organization not involving nurses in each stage of the SDLC when purchasing and implementing a new health information technology system. Provide specific examples of potential issues at each stage of the SDLC and explain how the inclusion of nurses may help address these issues. explain whether you had any input in the selection and planning of new health information technology systems in your nursing practice or...